16oz. Packaged powder
Check out the amazing benefits!
Burdock Root: originally and commonly used as a diuretic and a digestive aid.
Research has shown that burdock root contains multiple types of powerful antioxidants, including quercetin, luteolin, and phenolic acids.
Antioxidants protect cells in the body from damage due to free radicals and it prevents the death of HAIR FOLLICLE CELLS by stabilizing cells nearing APOPTOSIS.
It’s used for a number of different health conditions.
The antioxidant action also helps reduce inflammation. One 2014 study found that burdock root reduced inflammatory markers in the blood (CRF) from the liver.
It removes toxins from the blood
- promotes hair growth
- eases scalp dryness
- controls excessive sebum from an un-managed thyroid
- and it improves scalp conditions like acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of the root can help resolve skin issues when it’s applied topically to the skin used as a mud-mask and followed up with a moisture-based conditioner treatment.
- Burdock root is a natural diuretic, so you shouldn’t take it if you’re dehydrated. Drink with plenty of water.
- You also shouldn’t take it if you’re also taking other diuretics or water pills, as it can increase dehydration.
- If you’re allergic to chrysanthemums or daisies, you may be at an increased risk of having an allergic reaction to burdock root and should avoid it.
- Pregnant women or women trying to become pregnant shouldn’t take burdock root or supplements.